Monday 21 April 2014

#6 - The Liebster Award



Well, well, well. Looks like I've been named in someone's Liebster Award blog list! Pretty cool, considering that I've just started blogging a few days ago. I've had a look at the other nominees and I must say that out of them all, I'm definitely the one who least deserved the nomination based on the quality of the blog's content! However, since this is to help people with low Follower numbers (I've got two, one of which is myself for post formatting reasons), I hope that this will help me and my own nominees out!

Now, the aim of the game is for each nominee to tell eleven truths about themselves, answer the eleven questions asked by the nominating blogger (in this case, Mr. Lee) and then writing down eleven questions for the eleven blogs that will be nominated by the nominee (ouch, my head hurts reading that). The ultimate aim is spreading the word about the cool but over-looked blogs on the blogosphere and having a laugh or two!

Anyway, my thanks to Jordan for the nomination and here goes the fun!

Eleven Truths:
  1. I get distracted far too often and am very indecisive;
  2. I love eating and appreciate good food;
  3. I can actually paint a decent yellow (proof);
  4. I've had about half a dozen blogs (including this one), though all of the older ones are burnt out husks and are mostly forgotten;
  5. I'm not very good at basing my models, so I'm trying to improve that;
  6. After many years in the hobby, I still don't have an army of any kind (shame on me!);
  7. I love walking;
  8. I'm single (com'ere ladies!);
  9. Winsor and Newton Orange ink is god-send;
  10. I don't like PVA glue but I still use it on occasion (for basing);
  11. aaaaaand *drumroll* I much prefer English literature to French literature.
Eleven Questions (answered to):
  1. What is your favourite food? Home-made lasagna!
  2. What was the first model you painted? A Space Marine painted in the colours of a home-grown Chapter. I think that I was the Sergeant of the squad too.
  3. How did you get into your miniatures hobby? I honestly can't remember. I may have come across the Games Workshop website while browsing about eight years ago, but that's such a long time ago so I can't be 100% certain.
  4. What is your favourite book? The Eisenhorn Omnibus by Dan Abnett. Such a great story.
  5. If you could choose any fantasy/sci-fi race to be, what would it be? WAAAAAAAAAGH!
  6. Do you have any other interesting hobbies besides collecting miniatures? Aye, picking my toenails. And collecting wood chippings.
  7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My frequent tendency to procrastinate.
  8. If you could pick ONE model to paint/convert/have, what would it be? This. So so so soooooo this.
  9. What's your most prized possession? Though one. Erm... Hum... I... Mhh... my (terrible) humour?
  10. If you were to travel to the Chaos Wastes/The Warp, what one item would you bring with you? A minion to sacrifice to the Dark Gods. Or, a bunch of flowers. Whichever is the most effective.
  11. Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? Maybe... 
Eleven Blogs (in no particular order):
  1. Snakebite Leather
  2. Porky's Expanse
  3. Beneath the Mire: Hobby First, Rules Last
  4. The Art of Schwager
  5. Officio Convertorum
  6. Realm of Chaos 80's 
  7. Forge Mechanicus
  8. The Magnificent Bastards
  9. Between the Bolter and Me
  10. The Responsible One's Wargaming Blog
  11. Battle Brush Studios
Eleven Questions (asked):
  1. Favourite colour?
  2. Favourite glue?
  3. d6 or d10?
  4. Fantasy or sci-fi?
  5. Karl Kopinski or John Blanche?
  6. Favourite sport?
  7. Buried alive or strangled to death?
  8. Beer or cider?
  9. Favourite musical genre?
  10. Favourite model?
  11. Favourite paintbrush?
So, I hope that my nominees will have fun with that random lot of questions! Spread the love fun and hobby coolness!

2 comments:

Feel free to leave feedback and/or any questions that you may have in the comments section below, even if you're not signed up to Google!