Saturday 19 April 2014

#3 - The Random Painting Challenge (RPC)

To keep my painting up to scratch but also to broaden my skills and to make me paint models I wouldn't normally paint, I've come up with a monthly challenge that I've set for myself: create a list of all the Warhammer 40'000 and Warhammer Fantasy Battle factions that are sold by Games Workshop, copy/paste the list into the List Randomiser at random.org, look at what the top three results are, pick one of the three factions, pick one kit from the faction range and paint it up to a decent standard. This I shall try to do every month for a while and we'll see how it goes!

Now, I've already prepped the list:


Adepta Sororitas;
Astra Militarum;
Beastmen;
Blood Angels;
Bretonnia;
Chaos Daemons (40k);
Chaos Space Marines;
Daemon of Chaos (FB);
Dark Angels;
Dark Eldar;
Dark Elves;
Dwarfs;
Eldar;
Grey Knights;
High Elves;
Imperial Knights;
Lizardmen;
Militarum Tempestus;
Necrons;
Orge Kingdoms;
Orcs & Goblins;
Orks;
Skaven;
Space Marines;
Space Wolves;
Tau Empire
The Empire;
Tomb Kings;
Tyranids;
Vampire Counts;
Warriors of Chaos;
Wood Elves;
 I fed it into the list randomiser and got the following three results (screenshot to prove that I'm not cheating!):


So that's Lizardmen, Bretonnia or Orcs & Goblins. Well, since I hardly paint any Fantasy models, I think it's a pretty good sign that I should start painting some!

Hum. I've always had a soft spot for Orks, so I'm going to go for their Fantasy cousins! Since there's only about 10 days left until the end of the month, I'll most probably pick up a single character instead of a whole regiment. Anyway, I have yet to see what my local store has in stock before making a final decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave feedback and/or any questions that you may have in the comments section below, even if you're not signed up to Google!