Saturday 19 April 2014

#2 - Painting Black Legion (ideas)

Following up on yesterday's post, today I'll be writing down my ideas on how to paint the Black Legion. The purpose is twofold: 1) it'll serve as a reference for myself in case I forget about a certain recipe and 2) hopefully other people will find it useful and use it for their own needs.

So, first of all, the black armour:
  1. Undercoat with Chaos Black spray;
  2. First highlight of Eshin Grey;
  3. Second highlight of Dawnstone;
  4. Final highlight on extreme edges of Administratum Grey;
  5. Wash of Nuln Oil to darken the highlights (only if needed);
That should give me a nice dark black which will contrast nicely with the rest of the model's brighter parts (such as the gold trim).
Speaking of gold trim, here's how I plan to do mine (picture and recipe by GuitaRasmus):
  1. Basecoat of Tin Bitz (Warplock Bronze?);
  2. Drybrush Gehenna's Gold;
  3. Drybrush Auric Armour Gold (very lightly, only pick out the egdes);
  4. Heavy wash of Army Painter Strong Tone;
  5. Drybrush Gehenna's Gold;
  6. Paint the middle of the trims with Seraphim Sepia;
  7. Wash around the rivets with Army Painter Dark Tone;
If all goes well, it should come out like this:


Now, for the rest of the model details, such as eye lenses, pouches, flayed skin, fur, metal spikes and the like, I'll need to have another think about how to paint them. I'll edit this post as I go along and find new recipes to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave feedback and/or any questions that you may have in the comments section below, even if you're not signed up to Google!